So I got tagged.
As a matter of principle, I'm not into this stuff. It's too much like chain-letters or damn stupid email chains that perpetuate multiple breeds of ignorance. However, MaKo85 is a hero of mine, and she tagged me, I think, primarily on the basis of our shared love for 2000AD storylines from the 1980s. So I'm making a rare exception and replying:
1. If you could have any story you love turned into a big budget film, what would it be?
My first instinct is that it should be the Sten Chronicles by Chris Bunch and Alan Cole. But this would work better as a big budget TV series, I think. In which case I would start with Inception, by the late and deeply, deeply missed Iain M Banks.
2. Who would be your celebrity hubby/waifu of your dreams?
There is no better wife than the one I already have.
3. You can pick one element (literally anything) to be made from or change into, what is it?
The element of surprise.
4. Your favorite fictional character is suddenly your room-mate! Who is it and how well do you handle this?
Rincewind the Wizard. We get on fine, but I think his Luggage wants to eat me.
5. What's your favorite guilty pleasure (food or indulgent)?
6. Have you ever wished to travel the stars, what planet/area do you wish to see?
Utterly, but the planets we know, other than ours, are hardly places to raise a family. The idea of world hopping in the style of "The Long Earth" by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter, however, is immensely attractive: to take my family to an unspoilt world and work as part of a community to create a new model of harmonious living.
7. You can undo one major event in your life, but it drastically alters the present, do you do it?
No. I have many regrets, but all of them have led to a place better than I could ever have hoped for.
8. A stranger offers you a magical pair of pants that are horrendously, god-awfully ugly, but give you 10$ in their pocket daily, do you still wear them?
I'd make my children wear them.
9. Would you rather have a world of science or a world of magic?
Science, any day. Magic is terrifying in its randomness.
10. What exactly is the function of a rubber duck?
Doris the Duck is the mystical guardian of bath-time.
I'll not tag anyone else, because I love you too much.